Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spudinski

When I was in college, I enjoyed eating at McAlister's Deli....even after I worked there one summer.  One of my husband's favorite menu items there was the Big Spudinski.  It was a baked potato with kielbasa and cheese that came with barbecue sauce on the side.  The last time I was at a McAlister's, the Spudinski wasn't on the menu.  They still had plenty of great things for us to order, but I could tell my husband was sad that the Spudinski was gone. A few weeks ago, I came across 1/2 pound of turkey kielbasa in the freezer.  It wasn't really enough meat to do much with, so I decided to make Spudinskis for us.  It was an easy meal that turned out great.  I know I will be making these again!

Spudinskis

3 large baking potatoes
1/2 pound kielbasa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup barbecue sauce

1) Preheat oven to 400.  Scrub potatoes and prick them a few times with a fork.
2) Bake potatoes for one hour, or until they are soft.
3) While potatoes are cooking, brown kielbasa in a skillet over medium heat, about 3 minutes per side.
4) When potatoes are done, split each potato.  Top with kielbasa and cheddar cheese.  Place on a baking sheet.
5) Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6) Serve with barbecue sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment