Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Garden


I thought I'd post a few pictures of my spring garden. It doesn't look like I will have any eggplant, tomatoes, beans, or peppers for the county fair next weekend.  I may have a cabbage and some carrots, but we really like eating those, so I don't know if I will submit anything this year.  The fair is a little early if you ask me!

Pineapple sage.  It smells just like pineapple and is great in fruit salads and salsa.



 Container Garden.  I'm in the process of harvesting the carrots, beets, onions, and lettuce.



 Recently harvested carrots. Yummy!



 Strawberries in my son's Earthbox.



 Heirloom tomato in my son's Earthbox.



 Square-foot garden with kale, parsley, marigolds, thyme, heirloom tomato, basil, hyssop, dill, pineapple sage, and beans.

 Red cabbage.



 Sweet potato vine.  I have 4 of these in the garden now.



 Cherry tomatoes and marigolds.



 Green cabbage.  I harvested this for St. Patrick's Day.



Celery.  It's my first time growing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment