Monday, March 21, 2011

Lettuce Wraps


I made these lettuce wraps using vegetables that were in my fridge.  I wanted to have a fun dipping sauce to go with it, so I made the peanut sauce from my favorite stir-fry recipe.  These were really simple and tasted great.  I used iceberg lettuce for the wraps because I couldn't find bibb lettuce.  I think that the bibb would have been sturdier than the iceberg lettuce.  Feel free to use any stir-fry friendly vegetables you want, just make sure they are cut small enough to fit in the lettuce wraps.

Lettuce Wraps

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 package white mushrooms, chopped
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 green onions, sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
8 iceberg lettuce leaves (cut in half if they are large)
Peanut sauce for dipping

1) Heat olive oil and sesame oil over medium heat in a large skillet. 
2) Add all vegetables and saute for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
3) Place a small amount of the vegetables into each lettuce leaf.  
4) Dip in peanut sauce and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment