Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch Dressing


Parmesan peppercorn ranch and bleu cheese are my two favorite salad dressings to get when I go out to eat.  I posted a recipe for bleu cheese dressing in December and have spent some time tweaking my parmesan peppercorn ranch recipe in the last few months.  The pink-ish color in the dressing comes from the paprika.  I love this on salads, but it makes a great dip for vegetables, too.  My son dipped fish sticks in it the other night and loved it.  He calls it "spicy ranch," even though it isn't really that spicy.  This will keep in the fridge until your buttermilk expires.  I will post a recipe on Monday for warm veggies that can be dipped in this dressing.

Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch Dressing

3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon instant minced onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon (or more) freshly ground pepper
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika

1) Mix all ingredients.
2) Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hour to blend flavors.  Stir well before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment