Monday, April 25, 2011

White Pizza


I made this recipe because I had a ball of pizza dough that needed to be used and 1/2 cup of heavy cream that was about to expire.  I was trying to think of something to do with 1/2 cup of cream, but most recipes called for more.  A friend of mine mentioned that she made white pizza for her family and it was a hit.  It inspired me to try and make my own white pizza.  I am so glad I did.  It was easy to make and was so yummy.  Both of my kids loved it.  My husband is not usually a big fan of white pizza, but he really enjoyed this one.  I am very excited about this because it means I can have white pizza without having to pay $10 for one when I go out!

White Pizza

1 pound of pizza dough
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup parmesan, asiago, or romano cheese (I used a mix of all 3)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan, asiago, or romano cheese

1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.  Add heavy cream.  When the cream bubbles, stir in the cheese.  Stir until smooth.  Remove from heat.
3) Roll dough into a circle and place on a pizza pan.
4) Top dough with alfredo sauce.  Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.  Add the mozzarella and remaining parmesan, asiago, or romano cheese.
5) Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment