Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sweet Potato and Apple Bake


I threw this together the other night after I decided that I wasn't in the mood for sweet potato fries. I wanted something sweet, so I added apples to the cut up sweet potatoes and made the type of topping that I would have on a fruit crumble.  The house smelled wonderful while this was baking.  The sweet potato and apple bake was a hit.  It tasted great and was really easy to make.  I hope to be able to make this with sweet potatoes from the garden in a few months.

Sweet Potato and Apple Bake

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 apples, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup orange juice
5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar

1) Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a glass pie plate.
2) Toss sweet potatoes and apples in orange juice and 1 tablespoon of the butter.  Place in the pie plate.
3) Combine remaining melted butter, oats, and brown sugar in a large bowl.  Mix until moist. Drop on top of the sweet potatoes and apples.
4) Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes and apples are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment