Monday, April 11, 2011

Chicken Salad

I roasted a chicken last week and really enjoyed doing different things with the leftovers.  There is a restaurant chain called Pollo Tropical that my family loves.  One of my favorite things there is the garlic-cilantro dipping sauce.  It is a mayonnaise-based sauce, so I thought it would be pretty good in a chicken salad.  I first used it in November with turkey leftovers as a turkey salad and it turned out great.  The chicken salad was delicious.  I decided to serve it on some bell pepper slices.  My husband had his with some rye bread.  I had some Dubliner cheese on the side.



Cilantro-Garlic Chicken Salad
Adapted from Marco News

2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 handful cilantro, chopped

Mix chicken, mayonnaise, garlic, and cilantro.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment