Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Pizza


I went to a baby shower for my best friend over the weekend.  There were quite a few Publix fried chicken tenders left over.  Since I have small children, quite a few of the chicken tenders were went home with my family.  My son started school on Monday, so I wanted to do something simple for dinner on Sunday evening.  We invited another family over and made pizza. I made a cheese pizza for the kids and buffalo chicken pizza for the adults.  It was a good way to use some of the leftover chicken tenders. I sprinkled some ranch dressing on my pizza before I ate it to cut down on the spice of the buffalo sauce.  This could easily be made with sauteed chicken breast pieces instead of leftover chicken tenders.
This pizza was easy and tasted amazing!  I will definitely be making it again.

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

1 ball pizza dough
3 chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 cup tomato sauce, or less
buffalo wing sauce, to taste (I use Frank's)
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I only had sliced)
2 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese

1)Preheat oven to 375.  Roll the pizza dough into a circle. Bake the dough for 10 minutes.
2) Toss the chicken tenders in the buffalo sauce. Let it sit while the dough is baking.
3) Top the pizza with the pizza sauce, chicken, and cheese.
4) Bake for 10 minutes.
5) Optional: top with ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment