Friday, August 19, 2011

Thousand Island Dressing


My mom introduced my son to thousand island dressing a few months ago.  Right now he will eat just about anything, as long as this dip is on the table.  I like to use this dressing on salads, sandwiches, burgers, and as a dip for veggies and french fries.  I made some roasted potatoes cut into large wedges (my potatoes are much prettier in this picture than they were in the roasted potatoes post). I mix this up about once every 2 weeks and we go through it pretty fast.  I really like the homemade because it is much less sweet than the stuff from a bottle.

Thousand Island Dressing
Adapted from Betty Crocker

1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Mix all ingredients. Store covered in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment