Monday, October 25, 2010

Pizza!

Usually Meatless Monday at our house means a lot of veggies and beans.   It is usually a night where I know I'll get the most fights and strange looks from the kids because they are trying new things or trying old favorites paired with new things.  Every once in a while, I like to make something I know my kids will love. The mashed potato stuffed shells were an attempt at this, but my daughter was in a picky mood that night, so it flopped with her.  This time, I made something that was guaranteed not to flop: cheese pizza.  What made this meal great was that I used 2 cloves of minced garlic and olive oil instead of tomato sauce.  I cut the pizza into long strips, instead of slices, so they looked like bread sticks. Our side dish was fresh fruit.  The kids did great with the meal. I took pictures, but deleted them from the camera before I uploaded them.  The pizza dough recipe I use makes 3 balls of dough, so I froze the other 2 balls to use later.

No comments:

Post a Comment