Monday, August 29, 2011

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I planted sweet potatoes a few months ago.  Some of the vines produced potatoes, others didn't.  My first harvest consisted of 3 small to medium sized sweet potatoes.  I wanted to do something fun with them, so I roasted them and served them as a side dish with lunch the other day.  They were really easy and yummy.  They weren't crispy like a french fry, but I've learned that unless you batter and deep fry sweet potatoes, they will turn out soft.  I know I will be making these again soon.


Roasted Sweet Potatoes
makes 4 servings

2 or 3 medium to large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons sunflower or peanut oil
salt
cinnamon sugar

1) Preheat oven to 400. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into wedges.
2) Toss in oil.
3) Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Toss is salt and cinnamon sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment