Thursday, February 24, 2011

Parmesan-Crusted Talapia

I was planning on making fried fish a one night a few years ago.  I went to make the breading and realized that I was out of flour and bread crumbs.  I ran to the computer and pulled up Google and did a search for talapia recipes.  This is the recipe I ended up trying that night.  I was hesitant to try it because I don't always have the best luck with Rachael Ray recipes.  They usually end up taking way too long.  This recipe is very simple and takes about 20 minutes even when you include the time needed to preheat the oven.  I recommend using fresh parsley in this recipe.  Whenever I've made it with dried parsley, it has a very "earthy" taste to it that leaves a strange after taste in my mouth.  This is another recipe that all 4 of us eat every time I make it.  You can serve it with tartar sauce (my son's favorite) or just a little bit of lemon juice.



Parmesan-Crusted Talapia
from Everyday with Rachael Ray

¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
4 talapia fillets (about 1 pound total)
Olive oil
1 lemon, cut into wedges

 Preheat the oven to 400°. In a shallow dish, combine the cheese with the paprika and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and dredge in the cheese mixture. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until the fish is opaque in the thickest part, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve the fish with the lemon wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment