Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cabbage with Herb Butter

I recently harvested my first cabbage of the season.  I knew I wanted to make buttered cabbage because I haven't had any since last spring.  I am also obsessed with Kerrygold cheese and butter, so I knew I wanted to use their garlic and herb butter when I made the cabbage.  A recipe for collards showed up on Kerrygold's Facebook fan page.  In my opinion, if a recipe works for collards, it should work for cabbage, so I tried the recipe as a side dish with our lunch.  It was a great recipe.  The parmesan cheese added nice flavor to the dish.  I would love to try this with collards sometime...if they ever grow!

Cabbage with Herb Butter
Adapted from Kitchen Kung Fu

1/2 large or 1 small cabbage, cored and sliced into thin strips
1/2 stick Kerrygold garlic and herb butter
1/4 cup chardonnay
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1) Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2) Add cabbage and wine.  Stir to coat cabbage in butter.  Cook for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
3) Add salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.  Stir before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment