Friday, September 3, 2010

Getting Closer


I decided to see what would happen if I used 2 pounds of dough instead of one. It turned out great. It worked well for sandwiches, too! I still need to practice pulling the dough across a little bit more...but it is a big improvement over last week! I still have one pound of dough left. I am not sure what I want to do with it yet. The one pound loaves are a little too small for toast or sandwiches. Maybe I just need to make the ball a little bit tighter so it rises a little bit higher. I may try making rolls with it. Whatever I do, I will try and remember to take a picture.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Bill is trying to talk me into making our own bread, but I'm not so sure. How true is the "5 minutes a day" bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got off to a really rough start with the 5 minute bread, but now it takes very little time. I mix up a batch one evening after dinner and let it rise until bedtime. You don't do anything to it again until 40 minutes before you bake it.

    ReplyDelete