Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thai Chicken Burgers


I made these recently for the first time in over a year.   Usually when I make these, I use store-bought peanut sauce. I decided to try these with my favorite homemade peanut sauce this time.  They were delicious.  I made them fairly mild so that my son would eat them.  These are a great dish to make when you want something a little bit different.  They are easy and tasty! I will definitely not wait a year before making these again. 

Thai Chicken Burgers
makes 4 burgers

3/4 cup peanut sauce, divided (I made the one from my favorite stir-fry recipe)
1 pound ground chicken 
Salt
Pepper
Cabbage
Buns
Optional toppings: peanut sauce, sweet chili sauce, Asian BBQ sauce, sesame ginger dressing

1) In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of  the peanut sauce and ground chicken. Mix well.
2) Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.  If you are using ground chicken breast, you may want to add oil. 
3) Shape the chicken into patties. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Cook over medium to medium-low heat for 5 minutes on each side.  Baste with the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut sauce and cook for 2 - 3 minutes per side.  Check to make sure the burger is cooked all the way through.
5) Top with cabbage and your choice of sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment