Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bean Dip


I love seven-layer dip!  I really love just about any dip.  The first week of football season, I was planning on making a big plate of nachos for my husband and I.  At some point, I decided just to make a nice, layered dip instead.  This was delicious!!! It is not a true seven-layer dip, but it is fully of yummy stuff and tastes great on a tortilla chip.

Bean Dip
(makes about 6 cups)

1/2 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
1 can refried beans
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Sour cream
Lettuce
1 tomato, seeded and diced
6 black olives, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
Chopped jalapenos, optional

1) Brown ground beef over medium heat until cooked all the way through (about 10 minutes). Add 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and stir well.  Drain and set aside.
2) Mix refried beans and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning in the bottom of a greased, oven-safe glass dish. 
3) Add meat to the top of the beans. Top with cheese.
4) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
5) Spread sour cream over the top.
6) Top with lettuce, tomato, olives, green onions, and jalapenos.

Serve with tortilla chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment