This is the first weekend of college football! For the next few months, my husband and I will be eating a lot of fun foods on Saturday evenings while we watch Gator football. One really easy (and a favorite) "football food" is pulled pork. This BBQ pork recipe is from my mom and my Grandma. It is delicious and the leftovers freeze really well. Don't worry about buying expensive buns for this pork...cheap store-brand buns are the best, in my opinion!
For the Pork:
2 onions, sliced
4 to 5 lb pork roast or fresh picnic ham
5 or 6 cloves
2 cups water
For the Sauce:
3 cups ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar (I use molasses)
2t prepared mustard
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup water
1) Put half the onions in the bottom of the crock pot. Add the meat, cloves, and water. Place remaining onions on top.
2) Cook in crock pot on low for 8 - 12 hours, or overnight.
3) After it has cooked, remove it the pork from the crock pot and drain all of the cooking liquid.
4) Shred the meat.
5) Mix all of the BBQ sauce ingredients.
6) Combine shredded pork and BBQ sauce in crock pot. Cook on low 2 to 3 hours.