Monday, June 13, 2011

Cucumber and Tomato Salad


A few weeks ago, I did a quick day trip to a farm across the state to pick up some grass-fed beef to share with friends.  While I was picking up the beef, I decided to buy some eggs and goat cheese from the farm.  They had a nice selection of cheese, so it was really hard to choose.  I picked the feta.  On the way home, I was starving, so I pulled into a drive-thru for some fast food.  When it was time for dinner,  I wasn't very hungry, but I wanted to eat something from the farm!  I had some tomatoes from the garden and a cucumber and olives in the fridge.  I paired it with the goat feta and some Italian dressing.  It was the perfect meal for that evening.  Goat feta from The Dam Ranch is amazing.  It was really mild and creamy.  I am just sad I didn't buy more!

No comments:

Post a Comment