Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

Right now my son is pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new foods. He also really likes, pizza, cheeseburgers, bacon, and barbecue sauce.  I decided that I could easily combine those things and make a bacon cheeseburger pizza.  I made one pizza for the 4 of us.  It was just enough, no leftovers.  We were planning on going out for dessert that night, so we all saved room.  If dessert hadn't been part of the plan, I would have needed more pizza.  We only had spicy barbecue sauce in the house, so I decided to make a small batch of my own for the pizza. I'm so glad I did!  The sweet taste from the barbecue sauce went really well with the saltiness of the bacon, cheese, and ground beef. This is definitely being added to the list of things I will make again soon!

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

3/4 cup barbecue sauce (recipe follows)
1 1-pound ball pizza dough
4 bacon strips, cooked, drained, and crumbled
1/2 pound ground beef
seasoned salt
Worcestershire sauce
Shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese (as much as you want)

1) Preheat oven to 375. Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness.  Bake at 375 for 5 minutes (for thin crusts) or 10 minutes (for thicker crusts).
2) While dough is baking, brown ground beef. Add seasoned salt and worcestershire sauce, to taste. Drain ground beef.
3) After the dough bakes for a few minutes, remove from oven.  Top with pizza sauce, 1/2 of the cheese, all of the ground beef, and remainder of the cheese. Sprinkle bacon on top.
4) Bake at 375 for 10 more minutes.

Barbecue Sauce
Makes 3/4 cup

2/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon mustard (I used dijon)
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar

Combine all ingredients in a small pan.  Heat over medium-low heat until sauce is warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment