Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup


I have to admit, I was a little bit disappointed when neither one of my kids got excited when I made soup.  I love making soup- it's easy, usually healthy, very cheap, and I love eating it.  It turns out, I was just using the wrong noodles in my soup.  I picked up some fine egg noodles one day and made chicken noodle soup with it.  All of a sudden, my kids loved chicken noodle soup.  Things got even better when my mom gave me a box of alphabet pasta.  Now I have 2 children who happily eat soup- as long as it has the right kind of noodles in it.  

Chicken Noodle Soup
Serves 6 - 8

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
3 carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 cup egg noodles or shaped pasta

1) Bring chicken broth, chicken, carrots, and celery to a boil in a large pot.  Reduce heat, and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.  
2) Add peas, corn, and noodles.  Bring to a boil and cook according to package directions for noodles. 
3) Serve with homemade bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment