Thursday, December 2, 2010

Kale Chips

If you know me personally, then you know about kale chips.  I bought my first kale plant about a year ago.  Since I had no idea what to do with kale, I asked my friends on Facebook what I should do with it.  A friend of mine from college suggested I try kale chips and gave me the recipe.  These have turned into one of my favorite snacks.  If you are trying to get more kale in your diet, these are a great way to start!  I've used two different varieties of kale in this and they both turned out great.

They aren't very pretty, but they are yummy!



Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale, stems removed, cut into large chip-sized pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic powder (optional)
parmesan cheese (optional)

Wash the kale, remove the stems, and cut into large pieces.  The kale will shrink, so don't make the pieces too small.  Mix the kale with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Bake at 250 for 30 minutes.  If you are using parmesan cheese, add during the last 5 minutes of cooking.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment