Saturday, November 6, 2010

Football Food

My husband and I love watching college football on Saturdays.  When the Gators have a late game, we usually wait until the kids are in bed to start watching (I love my DVR) and eat junk food.  We try to eat dinner as a family, but I noticed that I was eating a big dinner at 6:00 and then eating a ton of junk food with the hubby at 8:30.  Not very good when you are trying to lose a few pounds! We decided to make dinner for the kids and sit with them at 6:00 and then wait and have our dinner after they went to bed on Saturdays.  Burgers are one of our favorite football foods, so they end up on the menu during football games quite a bit.  I bought some frozen turkey burgers and added a few fun toppings to them and we had a wonderful meal.  I usually don't like turkey burgers, but the Jennie-O frozen patties are pretty good if you add some Big Kevin's Bayou Blend seasoning on them.  I could do an entire post on Big Kevin's seasoning.  It makes everything better.  I added some bacon, pepper jack cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato pickle, and ranch dressing on top of the burgers.  If you don't like turkey burgers, these toppings would be great on a regular burger, chicken burger, or meatless patty...just make sure you leave off the bacon if you are going meatless.

No comments:

Post a Comment