Saturday, September 14, 2013

Chocolate Pudding with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream

Martha Stewart and Pinterest get all of the credit for this recipe! I really wanted homemade chocolate pudding (the stuff from the box just isn't the same). That's when I decided to look at Pinterest for recipes. I came across this recipe for peanut butter chocolate parfaits. I was sold when I read the recipe and saw that the whipped cream had 1/4 cup of peanut butter added to it! The original recipe was written to make mini-desserts. I don't eat dessert very often, so a mini-dessert wasn't happening! I got out my big Irish coffee mugs and filled them with the homemade pudding and peanut butter whipped cream. I didn't have the peanut butter sandwich cookies the recipe called for, so I used a few pieces from a bar of chocolate instead. I stand behind that decision. This is a great recipe. The whole family loved it. This would be easy to double or triple and put in a trifle dish and take to a pot luck. You could even add a layer of brownies or chocolate cake if you needed to. This is definitely on my "must make again soon" list.


Recipe for parfaits: http://www.marthastewart.com/356794/peanut-butter-chocolate-parfaits

Recipe for chocolate pudding: http://www.marthastewart.com/314077/vanilla-or-chocolate-pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment