Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Dill Dip

I never intended to take this much of a break from blogging, but my kids started getting older and I started spending more time in the car and less time in the house. I'm still doing quite a bit of cooking and gardening. Most nights, I still take a picture of what I've made in the hopes of finding 15 free minutes to write up the recipe. While we were on vacation a few weeks ago, I realized that I really do miss my blog, so I'm making a point to try and keep up with it. Hopefully this will be the first of many posts!




This is a favorite at our house around football season! It goes great with potato chips or veggies. I hadn't made it for a while, but we were recently in California, visiting my friend Cheryl (who gave me this recipe in college).  She made it for a cookout on the 4th of July. My 7 year old son gobbled it up and loved it. The original recipe calls for sour cream, but to make it healthier, Cheryl started making it with Greek yogurt. There is a ton of protein in the dip and I don't notice any difference in flavor. I would eventually like to use a homemade Good Seasons copycat in his recipe, but I'm still tweaking the recipe I use. Since the recipe is so good with the packaged Good Seasons mix, I didn't see a reason to experiment too much for our afternoon snack today.


Dill Dip
Serves 8-12

2 cups sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1 package Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
1 1/2 tablespoons dried dill weed (or 3 tablespoons fresh)

Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve with vegetables or potato chips.

This is also really good as a dip for french fries or oven roasted potatoes.



1 comment: