Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Best. Sandwich. Ever.

This is my favorite sandwich in the world.  It is called a muffaletta.  I honestly don't remember the first time I tried one, but I know I've liked them for years.  Shortly after my husband and I got married, his mom made one for us when we were visiting and I realized that they were pretty easy to make.  I made this one for a party a few weeks ago and it was a hit!  The recipe came from Chef Rick's Southern Cooking. I am trying not to get into the habit of just posting links to recipes, but for this one it makes sense because I follow this recipe exactly!  For the "mild cheese" I like to use muenster.  I used homemade semolina bread for this recipe.  I like get extra meat and cheese from the deli so I can make muffaletta pizza with the toppings.  I'll be sure and post that the next time I make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment