Thursday, August 18, 2011

Christina's Spinach Dip

College football season is 2 weeks away.   That means football food is 2 weeks away! My friend Christina makes this spinach dip for football games and parties.  When I was pregnant, I requested it...and ate a ton of it! My 5 year old son decided that he likes spinach now.  The last time we were at a party with this dip, he ate quite a bit of it. This dip is great for parties, brunches, and baby/bridal showers.  I like to make it the day before so the flavors from the soup mix have a chance to blend in with everything else.  
I'm looking forward to more football-food posts in the next few weeks.  I should probably exercise more if I'm going to enjoy all of my favorite foods while sitting on the couch watching football!

Christina's Spinach Dip

1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
8 oz sour cream
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 envelope dry vegetable soup mix

1) Squeeze excess water from spinach using paper towels.
2) In a glass bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, cream cheese, and mayonnaise. I like to use an immersion blender to break up large pieces of spinach.
3) Stir in soup mix.  Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment