Monday, July 11, 2011

Black Bean Tostada Pizza


This is a restaurant copycat recipe for my sister!  Whenever we go out to CPK, this is what she orders.  I decided to try and make one for Meatless Monday last week.  It was pretty easy and tasted wonderful.  My husband and I ate the entire thing by ourselves! If you like black beans and are looking for something different to do, I recommend this recipe. I meant to add black olives to the pizza, but forgot to do it.  They would have been great with this pizza.

Black Bean Tostada Pizza

Pizza:
1 ball pizza dough (1 pound)
1 can black beans (do not drain)
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese

Toppings:
Shredded lettuce
Chopped tomatoes or salsa
Sour cream
Crushed tortilla chips

1) Preheat oven to 375.  Roll dough into a 10 or 12 inch circle and place in pizza pan.  Bake dough for 10 minutes.
2) Top the pizza dough with black beans, making sure to add some of the liquid as "sauce." Top with cheese.
3) Bake for 10 more minutes.
4) Top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and chips before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment